SERVPRO of Newton Wellesley Shares Ways To Prevent Basement Flooding
Springtime is a common time for storms and flooding to happen especially after a rainstorm. The most common floods happen in your basement; here’s how to prevent basement flooding:
- Leaves and sticks get trapped in gutters, it can block the passage of water. Ensure that you clear out debris from your gutters and downspouts.
- Water can get in easily when there are cracks in the foundation. You can fill cracks with a concrete patch.
- Sump pumps help to send water away from the home in basements. Make sure it is in good working condition.
- Install window well to help prevent melting snow and rain from entering your home.
- Bring in a skilled professional; A professional will be able to find vulnerabilities where water damage could occur.
SERVPRO of Newton Wellesley is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with storm damage. “Like it never even happened.”