SERVPRO of Newton Wellesley Shares Frozen Pipe Information
Winter months calls for frozen pipes. It is important to know and understand what this means to prevent damage to your building.
Pipes will eventually unfreeze on their own naturally. However, this takes time and could actually cause more damage because it could eventually lead to the pipe bursting.
Here is what you should do if you suspect you have frozen pipes.
- Check with a neighbor to see if they’re experiencing frozen pipes too. If they have running water, it’s likely your pipes have frozen.
- Turn off the water immediately using the main shut off valve.
- Open the faucet for water to flow through the pipe once the area is melted.
- Apply heat around the pipe using a hair dryer. Keep all heat sources away from flammable materials.
- Once pipes are thawed, you can turn the water back on and check all joints for leaks.
- Check all pipes and joints for leaks or cracks.
If there are still issues, do not wait to address them, and contact an experienced water restoration company.
If you are unsure about frozen pipes, make sure to call for assistance. We are open 24/7 and are happy to assist.
SERVPRO of Newton Wellesley is your premier choice for water damage and restoration. Our teams are ready to respond 24 hours a week, any day of the year. When you bring us on the job our team of licensed contractors and certified technicians will work collaboratively with you throughout the duration of the project. They will keep you updated on the project's status and ensure that your expectations are met. We will help you to move forward and make it “Like it never even happened” for all of your water damage.