Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Heat Lamp Cause of Fire

Heat lamps may keep chickens and hens safe and warm, but tragically this one caught fire in this home outside of Boston, Massachusetts.  

Immediate action is crucial when dealing with water and fire damage. SERVPRO of Newtown / Wellesley is dedicated to responding immediately when you need help. A fast response helps lessen the damage, limits secondary damage, as well as reduces cost.

Wood Burning Stove Causes Basement Fire

Luckily no one was hurt in this devastating fire.  A wood burning stove caught fire causing considerable damage.  With oil and gas prices soaring, more Americans are using wood-burning stoves to heat their homes — but owners can be in big trouble if they aren't careful.  Starting with picking out the right kind of wood. Safer woods include oak, hickory and ash. Avoid burning pine and cedar. But any wood can create dangerous sparks, like those that caused the flames in this home.

Small Kitchen Fires Creates A Lot of Soot

A small kitchen fire created a lot of soot and smoke damage affecting every room in the home.  Every fire damage situation is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. When various materials burn, the soot they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure.

Make Sure to Turn Appliances Off Before You Leave Your Home

This house fire is still under investigation but it is believed that the homeowners beloved pet cat accidentally knocked over a lamp causing pervasive damage.  Over 50% of the home is considered a loss due to fire and water for trying to contain the fire.  In just a few minutes devastation can occur and you should always be prepared to know who to call if the unfortunate situation ever happens to you. 

Chimney Fire Reminds Us the Importance of a Good Chimney Sweep!

   So many of us homeowners depend on fireplaces, wood stoves and other fossil-fuel heating appliances to heat their home but neglect chimney and furnace cleaning. Creosote is a flammable material that causes chimney fires, which as shown in this picture causes devastating fires.  SERVPRO of Newton / Wellesley have the specialized fire and water damage restoration training, personnel, and equipment to handle fire and water damage and can quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition.

House Fire Started in Attic

A house fire that initially started in the attic caused considerably damage to this home and fast.  Thankfully no one got hurt but the fire did leave its mark, reminding how destructive and devastating fires can be.  SERVPRO of Newton / Wellesley has the water and fire damage training and expertise to help you through this tough time.

Kitchen Fire in Newton, MA

  This was the aftermath of a kitchen fire in Newton, MA.  We immediately arrived on the scene and witnessed the significant smoke and soot damage that was able to reach every far corner of the condo.  The owner of the condo could not believe how quickly we were able to clean the soot from the walls and ceiling.